Vietnam Travel Blog...an epilogue


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam
April 1st 2009
Published: April 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Choosing an appropriate time of year to visit Vietnam had been a much discussed and researched issue for us. The difficulty lay in the fact that Vietnam is a very long and narrow country and crosses numerous climatic zones - therefore if you wish to travel the length of the country it is unrealistic to expect ideal conditions everywhere. However I think we did really well by picking the month of March. We experienced good to fabulous weather conditions throughout the trip. Although the heavens did open up on our very last day there, and it made for a very wet and hazardous drive to Ho Chi Minh’s Tan Son Nhat International Airport. And a very stormy flight home.

Hmmm...yes...well...anyway... we are at the end of another truly amazing travel experience. We trekked through the northern enchanting world of the minority tribes in Sapa, lounged around on a traditional junk boat on the hectic yet captivating water of Halong Bay, traversed Vietnam’s gorgeous and breathtaking 3260km long coastline by rail and road, experienced chaotic cities and tranquil country, paddled through the famous Mekong Delta, and devoured what is possibly the best noodle soup and seafood in the world. These are memories that we will treasure until we return to experience more of this spectacular country. Until then, we will have to make do with enjoying our beautiful teapot and chess set, and our fabulous garments styled by those magical tailors in Hoi An.

Even as I type these last few words, I can smell the cinnamon incense from Hue burning downstairs. It takes me back to all those beautiful pagodas and walking past open air altars in the evening...

Tam biet people, and may the travel gods smile on you! 😊



Flying ships on this trip...
Singapore Airlines (Melbourne-Singapore-Hanoi);
Singapore Airlines (Ho Chi Minh-Singapore- Melbourne).

Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0248s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb