Vietnam!


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam
May 3rd 2005
Published: May 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

This is a retrospective entry from our visit in 2005. We spent one month there traveling from Hanoi to Saigon. This was one of the best countries we have ever visited, we loved this place, the food, the culture, temples, the scenery, people, beaches, shopping and the history!

The highlights were of course, Halong bay, which was almost mythical, we had one day quite misty and atmospheric then the next day hot and sunny, it was great. Next highlight (probably best) was riding with the easy riders from Dalat to Mui Ne over two days, but we also took another tour with them round Dalat which was brilliant - cant recommend this enough - the guys were funny and took us to places we never would have seen, we went to a couple of homes for a cup of green tea, we went to a tea factory, a house whose owners farm silk worms then onto the silk weaving factory, we seen tofu being made, basket weaving, home brewed rice wine, passion fruit farm, dragon fruit farm (sampling the goods along the way), blacksmiths workshop, fox coffee, minority villages, brick factory, staggering waterfalls - it was the best road trip of our life.

Hoi An was lovely, got clothes and shoes tailor made, ate some of the best food here and did some cooking lessons. Nha Trang is a beach town, which there was not much to do but laze on the beach, do some diving and drink cheap beer at the bia hoi with new friends. Saigon, didnt have the character that Hanoi had, but the visit to the tunnels is a must see and firing an AK47 is a one of thing I hope not to repeat - i was shaking with fear just from the noise, and being given 10 bullets loose in my hands to carry over to the gun. Mui Ne was a really small and lovely beach town, where we hired a scooter and ran around on that and took a visit out to the many sand dunes in the area - didnt realise it could be like that in vietnam.

See a few of the photos from this amazing trip.........



Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Pagoda near DalatPagoda near Dalat
Pagoda near Dalat

Part of easy rider tour


Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0345s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb