Sipadan diving paradise


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Sabah » Sipadan
June 30th 2006
Published: March 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

At the end of a 3 week holiday in Sabah, climbing the fantastic Mount Kinabalu, seeing the orangutans and other wildlife we took a few days to go diving round the islands of mabul and sipadan.

We stayed on Mabul island, and on approach we could not believe how clear the water was and how lucky we were with the accomodation and being on the beach. The company we dived with were very good and all the food was excellent buffet style.

First dive just off mabul was incredible enough, turtles on our first dive, cuttlefish and thousands of small colourful fish. Unfortunately the camera did not do much justice to them. After we didnt think it would get that much better, Sipadan was fantastic, I was so elated under water with the coral, sharks, turtles a plenty and then walls of jackfish to mingle in and out of and a fantastic drop over a wall of coral into the abyss, this has to be the best diving in the world - I just wish next time I have a better camera, but at least I have my memories in any case.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Our dive party Our dive party
Our dive party

felt like i was in the abyss - loved this dive


Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 9; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0428s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb