4.30am start but a birthday to remember


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam
January 8th 2023
Published: January 9th 2023
Edit Blog Post

4.30 am start, A Birthday to remember !

As we set our alarms for crazy o clock I did wonder what we were doing as we headed into the darkness our leach socks in hand ! The sounds in the early morning jungle never cease to mesmerise me!

Sighting one, a Macaque !

Trekking with our guide over twigs and rocks ( sadly reminding me of the trolls in Frozen ha ha !) we followed the sounds and found not only gibbons but some Langurs ! Incredible !! Worth the early morning start !

Having decided catching up with sleep was underrated we set off on a 3 hour walking round trip to see some crocs and have some lunch . Did not disappoint and let’s not forget the leach which wasn’t defeated by the socks and decided to head for the stomach instead !!
More langur sightings , fascinating noises and fauna and fungi.

A little guided tour of the rescue centre followed seeing bears, hornbills, porcupines , otters, turtles and more gibbons , many rescued from homes which was sad but hopefully they will have a better life now .

A quick sneaky celebratory beer ( seems all they have !) and then a coffee and off for the night safari . The bar was low as I didn’t expect much and I was correct .. deer, deer and more deer ! Oh and 1 civit! The lamping guy was useless have to say ! Hey ho !

Off to dinner in the one and only restaurant where I had to change my choice of the menu about 8 times! Very disappointing birthday dinner !

But overall a great birthday



Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0214s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb