Saigon & Mui Ne Beach


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
May 6th 2006
Published: May 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

So we arrived in Ho Chi Minh City in the late afternoon. we jumped on the local bus which would take us to where we planned to stay. Ho Chi Minh, was Saigon, is so busy. In Vietnam there are more motorbikes than any other form of transport. The next thing we noticed was that all the woman completely cover every part of there body as they want to be white and dont like the sun, weirdo's. so we arrived at Yellow House Hotel and settled in. we had a balcony that gave us a great view of the city. All the buildings are long and skinny and really bright colours. So once settled in we went and got dinner and then planned for the next day.
On our second day we went a tour of the city by foot. Crazy idea because it is so hot there. anyways went to the War Museum and saw some gruesome sights of the war, as you can see by the pictures. So after a typical day of sightseeing we went to the hotel and met 3 Aussie people from Tassie. Went to Dinner and got drunk with them. The Aussie's had come from North Vietnam to the South, the opposite of what we are doing. so they had lots of stories for us. It got late and we had stuff to do the next day so off to bed it was.
The following day we went to Cu Chi Tunnels. they are real tunnels that were used in the war by the Viet Com. It was here we got to shoot an AK-47 each, loved it. so loud though. Some people got to shoot machine guns but we are tight arses and just opted for a few bullets. We walked through the tiny hot tunnels for a little bit then after a fews hours headed back in to town. the next day we left for Mui Ne Beach.

On our lovely Air Conditioned bus, with a big seat each, we headed north slightly. we arrived at Mui Ne Beach which is a tiny fishing village. it is one long road that stretches for miles, lined with palm trees and hotels. we lashed out and got a fancy place on the beach. We had heard this beach wasnt the cleanest which was true. The water has rubbish floating everywhere and the beach has lines of filth all over it. But if you look into the distance its looks beautiful. We found a good restaurant where we ate all our meals for the next 2 days.
Second day we hired a motorbike to go looking for some Sand Dunes and a Fairy Stream!! we had no luck finding any of it but got to see some nice coast line. For some reason we kept finding cemetaries though!!! After the whole day in the sun we were nice and burnt and did the usual, go to dinner and have an early night thing. We had another lovely bus trip the following day...........


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 16; qc: 73; dbt: 0.0603s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb