The land of Bangkok Betty's


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
May 2nd 2006
Published: May 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

hey guys,

so we left Perth for Bangkok on the 2nd May 2006. we arrived in hot and smoggy Bangkok and jumped on a bus to Big Johns Guesthouse!!! the owner is an Aussie guy and they have Meat Pie's there, Dave was stoked!!!! we got our room, which is pretty much all we got. it was a small little room with just a bed and resembled a prison cell. no windows and bunk beds. but it was a reasonable price. it was a bit of a hike to the city though but we were close to the sky train which made for a cool easy way to get around this big busy city.
Our first day we spent sleeping as our flight was in the middle of the night and we then ventured out a little in the night for some dinner. i think that night i had the hottest Thai Green Curry of my life. Though not as hot as the dinner i made for Lou and Andy that time!!!

the second day we jumped on a local speed boat which cost about 20c and headed into the city. we got to see the finer sights of Bangkoks residential area. more like the slums really. so the speed boat got us to the city centre. we got off and got the usual you buy this you want this bullshit. it was a very hot day that day which made the sight seeing very difficult. we headed to the famous Khao San Road, backpacker central. a small little street filled with hotels, bar, restaurants and shops. everything you need in one tiny street. we realised this is the area we should have stayed in when in Bangkok. so from there we just went to the river and looked about. jumped on another boat that was a little more touristy before jumping on the sky train and heading back to the hostel for an early night.

the Friday which was our 3rd day we went for a Thai massage. a little different than the usual one that Mel gives us every now and then. we went into the place and they took us upstairs. it was dark and there were beds on the floor. we got a little scared thinking we had got the wrong idea about the Thai Massage!!! and then they asked us to get changed into some other clothes!!! freaking out and laughing at this stage we thought, what are we getting ourselves into. the Thai Massage is very weird. they contort your body and throw you around the place. Not as relaxing as a traditional massage but still good. after that it was a rainy day in Bangkok and we just found a pub and then settled in there for a little while. it was owned by an American guy. Lots of Foreign businessmen in Bangkok with their thai wives!!!. that night we headed back to the hostel and to my surprise it was free drinks for the ladies!!! so i got stuck into the Vodka and Dave the beer and we plonked ourselves outside for the night. got chatting to some young English guys and before we new it it was midnight and we were more than a little tipsy. we had our plane to catch the next day to Vietnam so we headed for bed.

Kerrie woke the next day to a bad hangover, surprise surprise. after the first spew she had we thought we were right. jumped into our open Taxi and headed for the airport. it takes about and hour and a half to get across town to the airport. Kerrie was feeling fine amongst all the smog. that was until we slowed down outside the airport. in true Kerrie 'Spew Girl' tradition I spewed out the back of the Taxi while it was still going. Dave thought it was an hilarious sight as vomit projected out of my mouth. once in the cool of the airport i felt fine again and after checking in we went straight to Burger King. After that it was on to Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam................to be continued............

Advertisement



Tot: 0.175s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 71; dbt: 0.0911s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb