Ho Ci Minh


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City
May 8th 2009
Published: December 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

A day trip out to the Chu Chi Tunnels was a highlight of Ho Chi Minh. These are the underground trenches used by the Viet Cong during the Vietnam War, and I must say there are ingenuis. Walking through the jungle, you never would’ve noticed the holes in the ground or the smoke that was coming out of a few of them if Ziva hadn’t pointed them out. Being the only ones in our group to go through the tunnels, both Chris and I conceded that fighting a war in this fashion would’ve been impossible for the American and Australian troops sent here to fight. Neither of us are exactly tall or big, and imagining a 6foot built solider through these tunnels, well we almost couldn’t to be honest. The tunnels that are now essentially a museum also showed the sneaky traps that faced our troops in Vietnam, the hidden spikes in the ground, designed to wound just enough that one would bleed to death, it would not have been a pretty sight and despite Ziva’s attempts to get Chris to go into one of these traps, we left, all body parts still intact.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0316s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb