Vietnamese pancake - www.vietnamstreetfoods.com


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City » District 1
August 4th 2015
Published: August 4th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Vietnamese pancake with Streetfoodman at www.vietnamstreetfoods.comVietnamese pancake with Streetfoodman at www.vietnamstreetfoods.comVietnamese pancake with Streetfoodman at www.vietnamstreetfoods.com

"A small country but an attractive destination for visitors to experience the street food"
http://www.vietnamstreetfoods.com


Bánh xèo , literally "sizzling cake", named for the loud sizzling sound it makes when the rice batter is poured into the hot skillet(Khmer:: Khmer pronunciationare Vietnamese savoury fried pancakes made of rice flour, water, turmericpowder, stuffed with slivers of fatty pork, shrimp, diced green onion, and bean sprouts. Southern-style bánh xèo contains coconut milk and certain Central regions skip the turmeric powder altogether. They are served wrapped in mustard leaf, lettuce leaves orbanh trang wrappers, and stuffed with mint leaves, basil, fish leaf and/or other herbs, and dipped in a sweet and sour diluted fish sauce. In the Central region, it is often wrapped in fresh rice paper with a sausage (nem lui) and then dipped in a special sauce which consists of fermented soy bean and sticky rice sauce, ground pork liver, ground and toasted peanut and seasonings. It is widely believed that this dish is a derivative of crepes brought from France during the occupation of what was known as Indochina.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement

Vietnamese street foodVietnamese street food
Vietnamese street food

"One of 10 culinary tours considerable experience in the world"


Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0594s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb