Vietnamese street food - private tour on Tripadvisor


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City » District 1
October 17th 2015
Published: October 17th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Street food in Vietnam

www.vietnamstreetfoods.com

FOOD TASTING AND CULTURE TOUR





Tasting Vietnamese morning street food and learning about local culture.

08 am: Street Food Man/Girl guide will pick you up at your hotel by taxi.

The first part of the trip we will stop at a local coffee shop for enjoying Vietnamese coffee, learning about morning coffee culture and how to make it as well. Enjoying the morning breeze, fresh air by the own style of local people.

After that we will bring you to the local market – where it’s famous for being one of the most bustle and hustle markets in Saigon in roughly 25 minutes. We will walk through many alleyways of the market, immersing in the crowd to explore the seafood area, vegetables, clothes and footwear ones sold on the vendor. These areas are connected next to each other and together making a long line of colorful, eye – catching stores and stalls.

You will also have a chance to try many types of fresh tropical fruits imported from the Mekong Delta area at a fruit vendor. Stopping at a famous local house to enjoy rice noodle soup with shrimp and pork – one of the most popular, typical breakfast of Vietnamese people. We continue on discovering Nguyen Thien Thuat apartment which was built before 1975. Over here, you will realize the contrast between many old ancient poor house where people still keep remaining traditional lifestyle and many high buildings, luxurious skyscrapers.

Stopping at Mrs Sáu’s house for a fresh tropical smoothie and talk to her to know more about lifestyle and traditional culture of Vietnamese families. After saying bye to Mrs Sáu, we will take you to go around and explore the apartment and go to a local temple nearby which was built and conserved by a monk who has been living here for a long time. Stopping at local house to enjoy broken rice with grill pork rib… and many other local beverages such as pennywort, coconut in the famous food area of Nguyen Thien Thuat department.

We will weave our ways through some alleyways with many old small houses along and have a chance to talk and get to know some friendly local people. Stopping at one particular place to ask a family about the art of grilling some of the famous snacks here, bánh đa, crispy rice paper, banana paper. We will talk to them about their jobs and other street vendors gathering here to take products and sell around Saigon. Saying bye to them, we go on walking to the flower market where it provides flowers for the whole city, enjoying and taking pictures of hundred kinds of flowers imported from Sadec city in the Mekong Delta.

Street Food Man/Girl will catch a taxi to bring you back your hotel or specified place. Saying goodbye to you and present you a little lovely gift as a souvenir.
What's included?
Free hotel pick-up and drop-off (district 1, 3, and 5) (A little extra money for another district).All food and drinks, cool tissue, cultural gift.Pictures from your trip (email to you later)Rain poncho and umbrella (if needed)Friendly and professional guide.Lots of smilesTravel insurance.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0365s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb