Ho Chi Minh


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ho Chi Minh City » District 1
January 29th 2012
Published: February 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

As the bus was going through Ho Chi Minh late at night we were worried where we were going to be dropped off and where our hotel was in relation because the city was huge! The bus stopped on Le Lai and we could see the My Anh from the window! Brilliant. We then walked across the park and checked in to find the room had a bath, and a hairdryer. This was like the Hilton Ho Chi Minh and we only paid £11.
The next morning we had our usual breakfast of eggs and bread and left for the city. Probably wont eat another egg again when we get home. We walked the 20mins to Ben Thanh market which must of sold mirrors because every stall was exactly the same and we done 40 laps in no time. My master negotiation skills finally came out and we got a bag for Rosara for over half price. We left after an hour or so and walked back to town. What happened next was the best 90mins of the trip so far... Ro had a massage and manicure while I found a pub and watched the tennis with a few beers. We had arranged to meet back up at half 12 but as I was leaving the landlord insist I have another beer for free, so I was late, and drunk. We went to a small cafe because I had beer bladder and was ready to burst. When I got back from the toilet I sat down with Ro and didnt even notice she had a dog. Yes, she had a dog. She was sitting with a small dog on her knee giving it head massage until it ran off when it heard its owner. 10minutes late Ho Chi was back for another massage! Marley will go sick when he finds out...
Utd and Liverpool were on later that night about 8pm our time so we found a sports bar and watched it with a family of Yanks and Cockneys cheering for the Scousers. Confused and upset we went to bed as we had a bus booked for Nha Trang early in the morning.

We had paid £6 for an 11hr bus journey so were worried whilst waiting for it to pull up. Worry over as the VIP double decker turned up, with beds on! I shit you not we got onto a bus with beds, small beds which I only just managed to fit in but they were still beds. I got assigned the best seat in the house with my own TV, buzzing. What was on the screen for 11hours seemed like the Vietnamese stage version of Oliver. Added into the constant horn of the bus meant the beds could of been threw out the window because no sleep was going on. The journey through the central highlands then the coast of Vietnam was beautiful though and about 7pm we arrived in Nha Trang.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Wiz KalifaWiz Kalifa
Wiz Kalifa

Burj's little brother


Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0826s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb