Nha Trang - Lifes a Beach


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Khanh Hoa » Nha Trang
February 7th 2012
Published: February 10th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Nha Trang on Sunday night the 29th and got a lift to our hotel for free. When we arrived to check in they didnt have record of our booking and told us the hotel was full. However they had a spare room at the top of the building if we wanted to use that for the night. With it being late and being on the bus for 10 hours we accepted it and took the lift to our room. It was basically a room on the roof with 3 beds in. The roof offered good views of the City but after a few minutes we just wanted to sleep the days travelling off.
We woke quite early and planned to just travel around town until we could get in our booked room at 2pm (normal check in time) but the receptionist told us if we wait 10minutes we could have our proper room. We waited and moved into our room which was more like it. We had a window with a nice view which was a first in Aisa and two double beds which meant we could share, or get some space on hot nights.

The first couple of days had miserable weather and we started to regret booking a week. We were meant to be here for the sun and beach. We ate at some very nice places though for cheap prices as usual. On the Wednesday the Sun finally showed his face and we spent the day at the beach which was quiet in a good way. Got back to the hotel with the reddest feet in Vietnam and burnt bodies to go with them. The weather told us Thursday was going to be grey again so we planned a visit to Thap Ba about 20minutes away.

To save money we paid for the cheap option which was shared baths with others but it worked out perfect because we always got put in our own private 2seater bath with no locals. Maybe they thought we had paid for the expensive cos we were Western? First we had to shower off before getting in a empty tub, here the taps were turned on and mud quickly filled the bath. I was like a pig in shit and enjoyed it. Smelt a bit though. After 15mins or so we power showered before getting in the private hot mineral baths. It was like climbing in a kettle and my sunburn didnt appreciate it. Quickly got used to the heat and let Rosara climb in the loveboat and spent 30mins here. Next we made our way to the swimming pool and waterfall area which was like a massage on our shoulders. The swimming pool was roasting but really nice. Spent another hour here before leaving back for town. If it was a nice day we could of easily spent all day here and for £3 each it was cheap cheap.

The next couple of days were really hot again and we didnt do much apart from beach, eat and sleep but it was perfect after the previous hectic weeks. We booked an extra two nights to make the most of it. We had drinks at one place and decided to get a 'bucket' of vodka redbull which mas massive, strong and cheap.
On our last night we ate at Lanterns restaurant again because the BBQ we had there was really good. This time it was even better where we cooked at our table and got almost double amount of food. It was easily the best meal so far and still only about £6 with drinks for the two of us.

We booked another bus to Hoi An which was 11hours this time. We were told our pickup was 6.30p and not to be late. We were early and whilst waiting I had a quick google of our bus company. Not good results. After asking the hotel owner to ring the bus company we were finally picked up at 7pm and took to the bus staion. The bus again was a double decker sleeper and we were assigned seats 33 and 34. These were ignored and we were ushered to the back of the bus and put in the worst beds possible. On top of the engine, next to the toilets and also next to each other in a group of 3. Luckily it was a Swedish girl so could of been worse. The chinese bloke we met earlier wasnt even in a bed he was on the floor in between beds with Rosaras feet by his head. She done the polite thing... and put on some socks!
Other people were put in normal beds but we just got on with it and made the most of a bad situation. Some bags wernt put under the bus as usual but were piled on the top at the back, a notepad fell down on my head when I was trying to sleep. I opened the notepad and it was ours! I got out of 'bed' and retrieved our bag and put it with us so it wouldnt get lost or more stuff fall out of it. Another bag fell on my head later and together with the constant beeping and sharp braking meant I was awake for 14hours on the worst bus ever. Atleast Ro got some sleep.
We arrived in Hoi An bus depot and I spotted a van with our hotels name written on. Bingo, another free lift to our hotel without Taxis and motos trying to hustle us. Met an chatted with an Aussie couple staying at the same place. A short trip through Hoi An and we arrived at the Sunflower Hotel.


Additional photos below
Photos: 60, Displayed: 25


Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0681s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb