3 Days Vung Tau


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Southeast » Ba Ria - Vung Tau » Vung Tau
February 19th 2012
Published: February 21st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Vung Tau


Leaving HCMC we take a short 90min ride by bullet ferry to Vung Tau terminal, we are met by Keivn (Vietnam Ulysses President) who directs us to our next hotel.

After checking into our hotel for 2 night we quickly refresh ourselves and head off to get our bearings and try not to forget our way back. Our walk eventually takes us to the new "Tommy 3 Cafe" (Vietnam Ulysses Club) for refreshment and catch up with Glen (Vietnam Ulysses Vice President) the cafe ower for a chat and pickup up our motor scooters our transportation while here.

Setting off, we, not only have to get used to smaller lighter bikes, but also remember to ride on the opposite side of the road and remember anything goes as far as road rules. This we find is an adventure in its self and before long quickly adapt and blend in with the crowd.

Our exploration takes us around the waters edge where you can see huge statues dotting the mountain sides and top most points, a mix of Christian and Buddhist religions side by side,

Small cafe's and bars, offering food, drink and companonship are in abundance.

Heading north you know you are coming close to a village who's main industry is fish, as the smell is strong, and its not long before we see laying on the roadside thin slithers of different types of fish and other seafood drying, later this same fish is sold to the locals and adventurous tourist for dinner that night by the street food carts.

The food in the resturants varies in price depending if you are after Western, European or Vietnamese, in gerneral the food from the street side sellers is the best value for your money, it is here you can mix with the locals and practice your communication and battering skills.

It is also noticed that the late afternoons becomes family time, where the streets, parks, beaches quickly fill and small road side footpaths become instant eaters, and many activies can be seen.

Kite flying seems to be one of the more popular activities and a style of foot shuttle cock, this is a very active form of sport which requires much practice. The kits appear as a flying tapestry in the sky with the various brightly coloured animal and bird shapes.

The sun on Vung Tau is more intense and we find ourselves applying sunscreen, short sleeve shirts and peak caps under the helmet for protection.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0965s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb