Mekong Delta


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Mekong River Delta » Tien Giang » My Tho
February 16th 2012
Published: February 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


3 Days in the Mekong Delta

My Tho - Ben Tre - Can Tho - Long Xuyen - Chau Doc - HCMC

Day 1 - A scenic journey along the National Hwy edged by green rice fields takes you to the Happy Buddha (Lai Di Lac) - Vinh Trang Pagoda at My Tho, this huge buddha represents good health and happeness and just across the way the Mercy Buddha stands tall, representing forgiveness for all sins committed. Set in the beautiful grounds of the pagoda is the most amazing bonsai and colourful flowering bushes.

A boat ride through Tan Thach natural canal to Ben Tre, cruises under the shadows of the coconut trees, pulling into visit a family coconut candy makng business, in a natural rural lifestyle setting, continuing on takes us trekking through a fruit plantation and Bonsai garden and then by bus we travel to Can Tho to view the houses on stilts.

Day 2 - An early start exploring some of the many canels of the Lower Mekong River after which we proceed to Cai Rang and Phong Dien floating markets, here you will see many types of river boats selling all type of produce, with each vendor displaying a sample of thier produce on poles extended above this boat.

Back on land a short bus ride and climb up Sam Mountain takes you to a breathtaking views. Its from this mountains summit you can see the Vietnamese Cambodian border, with flat rice fields in the distance. Nested also in the side of this mountain is a very beautiful enchanting pagoda with Caves adorned with statues of various shapes and sizes.

Day 3 - While visiting Chau Doc a short boat trip will take you to see a small minority village (Islamic) whose inhabitants still earn their livelihood from traditional weaving, nearby you see the floating fish breeding farms (Catfish).

On our return trip to HCMC, a short visit to the Mekong Crocodile breeding farm, its here you will see crocodiles in different stages of size/age. This crocodile once roam the Mekong waterway freely, and now a growing market in croc meat and products are sold world wide.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 15; qc: 34; dbt: 0.0302s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb