Hội An


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast
January 11th 2014
Published: April 24th 2020
Edit Blog Post




My time in Hoi An has been fun. My roommates turned out to be three Chilean girls; Josephina, Maria and Cata. They were sweet and I had a great time hanging out with them. Our neighbors invited us to Nhau (drink alcohol) with them. We did and had a blast. Needless to say, my mind had its share of naughty thoughts. I guess that's just how it is to be a man...These girls taught me that you can compromise and still get what you want and need at the same time.
Journal Entry: 01.11.2014

Hội An served as a trading port for Chinese and Japanese merchant from the 15th to the 19th century. The first thing that caught my attention was the French architecture along the riverbank. Possibly dated back to colonial times, these buildings have been well preserved by the city. Unlike Nha Trang, Hội An is slow and laid back. Although, its can be a bit touristy, its still one of my favorite beach town of Vietnam. Hội An is unbelievably romantic at night as the riverbank are lit up with lanterns and acoustic guitars can be heard throughout.
Cao Lầu: This dry noodle dish is a must when visiting Hội An. The noodles are thick textured similar to udon. Served with an assortment of veggies and tender slices of pork. The pork is cooked in a similar method as Carnitas. The bowl of Cao Lầu is topped off with thin cracker like croutons, which gives this dish the texture it needs.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.21s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0957s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb