Hoi An & An Bang


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Quảng Nam » Hoi An
July 10th 2015
Published: July 11th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hoi an celebrated 55 years of tourism on Thursday by making entry into the old town buildings and temples free. We had a lovely wander through some Chinese temples, the ceramic museum, the Japanese covered bridge and an amazing old house that had been home to 7 generations of the one family.

We also began planning the next parts of our adventure and booked some things in advance! (what a mission by the way, You have to book any transport at least one day in advance). Next stop was An Bang beach for a night out of town.

An Bang is a fishing village with a surfy feel, lots of home stays and bungalows. The beach is accessed down sandy alleyways between local shacks and tourists houses. It still retains casuarinas and pandanus along the back of the beach and a scattering of beautiful round basket fishing boats between the beach restaurants and rental chairs.

I get the feeling that this place was quiet and idyllic a few years ago, but it's been found. A short stroll up the beach revealed four big cranes building a resort and the beach was well populated with chairs, the infill and expansion was also clear. I'm really pleased we saw it while you can still imagine what it was like and hope the development maintains some village and rural characters.

The kids loved hitting the beach, it was really windy and choppy but we managed a paddle and some sand castles, then early to bed for our next adventure!



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0499s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb