Hoi An


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Quảng Nam » Hoi An
October 6th 2012
Published: October 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Last night me, Chloe and Stephen went to an indian for tea. It was really nice. Tikka Masala, Roti, Rice and a Hue Beer.

This morning I took the bus with a few others, Lenor (Israeli), Stefan (Dutch), Chris (Canadian), and Dan (USA) to Hoi An. It took about 4 hours but on arriving we were hit with rain and a fallen down tree - not literally mind!

Aparantly a typhoon is to hit the neighbouring town Nha Trang this evening, but we will see the effects, being rain (lots of it) and winds.

We all checked into the Sunflower Hotel (with pool) but I doubt we will get to make use of that!

After lunch I headed to the old city for a wander around to get my bearings. Its so quaint with old crumbling buildings lining the streets and it is full of tailor shops -you can get anything made here - for a fraction of the cost back home! The streets are lioned by a river connecting the old city and an old Japanese bridge, which is lovely. There are lanterns everywhere, that are lit at night, when the streets become closed to vehicles except bicycles.

I got absolutely soaked walking back, enough that I could have wrung out my trousers and shoes!

After a shower and power cut, I'm now updating this blog and then will meet the others for tea and cocktails by the pool...



So we were dropped off in the centre by the hotel shuttle bus and we walked to the old town and ended up having tea at a local place with wooden benches by the river. It was lovely. We had local draught beer and a mix of vietnamese dishes. I'm becoming quite the expert with chopsticks now!

We left there, the meal costing around 2GBP each! and stopped off at a bar for a few more drinks before walking back to the hotel. We got kicked out of the bar at 10pm! everything shuts so early here! So we ended up having a mini 'slumber' party in the dorm room some of them were sharing. Jason kindly did the beer run in the rain for us and we sat watching silly you tube videos on Chris's laptop.

A good night.


Love to all xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 59, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.177s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0816s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb