Hoi An


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Quảng Nam » Hoi An
May 31st 2006
Published: June 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Liz's birthday mealLiz's birthday mealLiz's birthday meal

Liz and the big chocolate birthday cake we got her!
We got a coach down to Hoi An today via Danang. Our new hotel is fantastic aswell and it has a pool!! Hoi An is a nice place and the main thing here is tailors. you can get absolutely anything made to fit here and they have copies of catalogues to make you anything or you could bring your own design. It's famous for suits but i'll not be needing a business suit for at least the next year so not bothering with that. I did get a dress, pair of cropped trousers and shorts made to measure though for a grand total of US$30. The boys and a couple of the girls got suits too.

Yesterday was Liz's 26th birthday so after shoppping we went out for a meal and some drinks. the bars here close at 11pm so not much partying going on although we tried to liven it up with some drinking games. It's great to have Louise back so that we are the three amigos again. I haven't laughed this much in ages!

I absolutely love Vietnam and the people here are so friendly but we are starting to see more people begging and they're
Drinking gamesDrinking gamesDrinking games

Hedd & Ross playing 21 and pulling faces!
getting very pushy when you go anywhere near their shops or even hen you're walking the streets you have to be careful not to get dragged away for a manicure or even a massage with what they call a "happy ending".

Did some more shopping today and lazed by the pool chatting with a couple of guys from Denmark and vancouver.

Next on the tour is Nha Trang and Whale Island which will be 2 days of relaxing on the beach. Life is so tough...

xxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

LouiseLouise
Louise

relaxing in the shade by our lush pool


Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.057s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb