The charms of Hoi An!!


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Quảng Nam » Hoi An
January 19th 2011
Published: February 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Dalat - Hoi An!


Continuing our travels up north, our next stop was the historic town of Hoi An. To get there we had to first go via the beach resort town of Nha Trang where we had a four-hour stop-off. We took the opportunity to head to the beach and get what sun we could since we had been deprived in Dalat! The bus to Hoi An was a sleeper overnight bus which bizarrely consisted of three rows of tiny bunk beds - but with a maniac driver constantly blaring his horn getting any sleep wasn’t very easy! We finally arrived in Hoi An bleary-eyed about 8am the next morning.

Hoi An is a charming little town that is lined with old cobbled streets filled with small historic buildings. It’s only a small place but just walking around the old lanes was a nice change from the busier traffic of the city. It also had its own small canal flowing through the town - it was like a little Venice. Hoi An is also famous for its abundance of tailors which are on every street, and every time you pass they try to beckon you in! Tina took advantage of this and got herself a custom-made little number! The dress was made in the space of a few hours and didn’t look too bad neither! Some service eh!

We also got the chance to meet up again with our Swiss chums Tanja and Alessandro who we hadn’t seen since Cambodia. We headed out for a farewell dinner and some drinks by the canal as they are soon heading back home. We were sad to see them go!!

On the day after we took a stroll in the laidback atmosphere of the town, ahead of another bus journey to our next stop – Hue.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



1st February 2011

Hoi An
Gosh I love Hoi An! You should check out Cargo Restaurant, I think the best upscale food served in Hoi An! :P

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0434s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb