‘Whey… no whey!!’


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » North Central Coast » Thua Thien - Huế » Hué
January 21st 2011
Published: February 1st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Hoi An - Hue!


Hue (which is pronounced ‘Whey’) - lets just say that there wasn’t much whey about Hue!! When we arrived it was grey, wet and cold – and this unfortunately pretty much continued for our whole stay! (not the best when you mostly have summer clothes packed!).

Hue is the old capital of Vietnam from pre-1945 - however there wasn’t much for us to see in the city. One thing that was very impressive is the old Imperial City which was the city of the old Emperor. Unfortunately a lot of it was bombed during the Vietnam War so much of it has been destroyed. It was still an impressive sight though, and absolutely huge (just a shame Tina almost caught hypothermia while touring the grounds!).

Our next stop is Hanoi, although we are looking forward to getting to the capital we’d be lying if we says there wasn’t a tiiiinnny part of us dreading it as well (everyone we have met in Hue has told us that Hanoi is even colder!!).

Tam biet (goodbye), we’re off to a trip to the market to stock up on some warmer rags!




Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



1st February 2011

Awesome
What an experience! Thanks ever so much for the photos. You're seeing much of "my" history there, historical events I lived through. Great job with the blog! No sunshine here today; in fact, more than 1/3 of the States is under a blizzard warning. We won't get much snow, just chilly with rain/sleet/maybe some snow. Let's all think warm thoughts, eh?
1st February 2011

your continuing adventures
Hey guys Great photo's and excellent blogging, thanks for keeping us all up to date. Love the glum looking faces in the "missing the sunshine" photo. Was that the weather or the latest Pars result Paul??? The weather is certainly crazy all over the world just now, what with the mega floods in Australia and over here in the States today the midwest is bracing itself for the biggest storm of the winter. Although Missouri, where we are is going to be hit really hard we're in the southern part so should escape the worst of it. Once again guys enjoy, keep snapping away your photo's and blogging. Take care and be safe. Dad.

Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0219s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb