Shopping Cont'd


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Quảng Nam » Hoi An
December 17th 2010
Published: December 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

This is the best place to come to completely refurbish a wardrobe. Today MAtt and I had about a million fittings at different stores. It was hard keeping track of all the places we needed to be. First we went back to Yaly to try on our suits. The quality was as expected from the best suit place in Hoi An. They were very nice and only needed minor adjustments for later that afternoon. We went around to all of our fittings with almost all of the articles needing just minor touch ups in length or width. Amid the fittings we also went to even more shops to buy even more clothes.

We had decided on only getting one piece of clothing from each store until we found the best one where we would then order more. I managed to find one store I really liked and ended up ordering 3 more shirts for tomorrow to try on. Its hard to imagine the fabrics in a shirt when they are just layed out in layers of fabric. They all seem to be working well though so matt went out on a limb and ordered two really wierd colours. I guess we will see tomorrow because they could be amazing or fall flat.

At lunch time Matt and I went to a cooking school. It wasnt a big well organized one like in Thailand where ou go to the market and purchase ingredients but it was still very good. We went to a small family restaurant because we loved the food the night before. The daughter ended up laying out the ingredients for us and we helped a little but mostly watched her cook the dishes we chose. We made Cau Lau (a Hoi An specialty dish made with pork and noodle), duck with sweet and sour sauce, and a clay pot pork that was absolutely delicious. I will have the make it when I get back as we got the recipes while we made them.

Another escapade I went on today was finding dad a Ho Chi Mihn t-shirt. I tried millions of shops but none had the right size. It seems they get a bit wider but not long enough. After lots of searching and brainstorming I found a solution. I went a bought a XXXXL shirt (yes thats 4X) and brought it to a tailor to trim it down on the sides. They ended up doing a nice job making it for a skinny person although they were laughing histerically when I brought it in. I dont think many of them had seen such a large shirt. On a side note Che Guevara also seems to be an icon over here.

The afternoon was filled with more fittings and another delicious Vietnamese feast. We again went out to the bar for some drinks and then retired for the night.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0488s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb