Kid in a Candy Shop


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Quảng Nam » Hoi An
December 17th 2010
Published: December 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Well today we woke up and went over to our free buffet breakfast. It was not like the free breakfasts we get in Canada where they serve you cereal toast and fruit. We had mounds of fresh cut tropical fruit, all types of pastries, any type of eggs, all the meats, anything to drink, pretty much anything you could want for breakfast except cereal. Needless to say i feasted for a while before we headed back to the room.

At around 10 we set out for my suit fitting. We couldn't quite remember which way it was but James seemed to know. He made all sorts of joke about us working in the bush for 6 years but not know directions. He was so confident he wanted to bet on the direction he chose. As it turns out we were walking in almost the opposite direction of the tailors and it took us 45 minutes to finally find it. The fitting itself went well. I only had to get them to make some minor adjustments so we went for lunch and I went back after and collected my brand new custom tailored suit.

That turned out to be the start of a massive shopping trip. First we went to the nice Yaly Coture where Matt and I both decided to get a suit and james a nice dress shirt. This one I spent a bit more on and got navy blue. They James headed back to the hotel and Matt and I went into probably 50 different tailor shops looking for everything. We set ourselves up with about 4 different shops for fittings tomorrow.

After the suits I went looking for randoms like shirts, ties, silk and scarves. I bypassed the shoe shops that were as numerous as the tailor shops. One neat thing Matt and I went and saw was how they get silk from the silk worms and weave it. It was a free tour but of course they try and sell you stuff at the end of it. We resisted and settled with just the free tour.

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day with fittings.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0524s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb