Tailored To Perfection My Son


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Quảng Nam » Hoi An
June 25th 2008
Published: February 2nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

So the fun and antics from the previous day meant a rather late start to the day...lol, we eventually arose just after 11am and jeremey came round shortly after 2pm.

We hired some moto taxis and were driven to My SOn a hindu cham temple and the views of the countryside on the way there and back were marvelous and im really liking vietnam and its people.

The journey had a few hazards like a sweaty bum,numb bum and all our drivers having death wishes. We arrived to my son and the heat was swealtering and it was 60,000 dong to enter and comparing this to other sites and prices elsewhere on this trip it seemeed a little high.

We met an aussie couple there who said they had visted it in 15 mintutes and a guy in a cafe nearby said two hours, well maybe about 10 mins in total for the ruins and well ten mins cooling down in a local river, so twenty mins in total and it was a 45 min journey there and back and so perhaps not the best ruins yet, but the journey views were good.

We got back and arranged to meet jeremey at now n before just after 6pm to watch the miss universe pageant. we got to the store and picked up our taliored items and met jeremey and grabbed food at the bar and watched the pageant which was pretty cool and we then tried to get our bus sorted for tomorrow to hue and the agency was crap and we have to try again tomorrow.

We then went to the treats cafe and chilled and chatted and had some cocktailas and then the heavens opened and it eventually cleared and we said our goodbyes to jeremy and headed back to the hotel.

This morning was an early rise to try and sort our bus tickets out and to no avail, we had to kill time and go back as there ticket guy was out, Jackie went round loads of shoe shops to get some bamboo sandals....yawnnnn, i got a paiting for 5 bucks and then we went back to sort out the tickets which was a pain as i had the earlier nicer bus and they wanted to charge me to take the later crappier bus?

Anyway it was sorted in the end and we grabbed some food and chilled out at the hotel and used the hotels super slow internet and then moto taxied to the agency for the bus.

The bus journey was very uneventful and i met a couple on the bus from the UK who had been traveling for two years, anyways they had a hotel sorted and so me and jaqckie grabbed a taxi with them and got a hotel for 9 dollars with aircon,fan,cable and free internet, the power was down in hue intiallay and so we sweated to death and had to shower in the dark....lol.

We grabbed a bite to eat at a cheap place and we will be hitting the hay soon.

We booked a DMZ trip last night and were up at 5.30am and well the trip was about 1 hour of the bus and about ten hours afterwards and so both us 15 bucks down we were not impressed and like many others we have spoken to here we are booking a bus and getting out of dodge hopefully tomorrow.

The trip started off with a long journey to dong ha a town leveled by the bombing and we saw no ruins there and then breakfast was included and was shoddy and you had to pay seperatly for a drink, the guide only got on at dong ha and got off there on the way back and did not guide us around, he breiefly spoke on the bus and the aircon did not work right and then the ho chi minh trail is destroyed its all paved and nothing left to see which was dissapointing and we went to khan senh base musuem and again the usual vietnam government bias, wars are not great and they are wrong but both sides f the story should be told, well thats my two cents anyway, we can not get a bus out tonight but we will try our best to get tomorrow nights bus and try to get a bus straight out of hanoi to halong once we get to hanoi.

Next morning early as hell i go to the agency to get a night bus and they closed early the night before and then first thing in the morning they say they are full booked, i dont like hue and neither does jackie and we wanted out and so we ended up buying a ticket for another company to get out. The bus was ten dollars and the reason it was cheaper than the rest is cause it stopped loads and dumped us miles outside of hanoi, i did not get much sleep as this cheeky viet guy tried stick his shoes at the end of my bed, next he played music on his mobile and then followed by him trying to put his feet on my bed, then another guy was playing music on his phone and they had the tv on for a while at full blast, so a crap bus journey and now me and jackie await a bus to halong bay, this bus is costing 7 dollars and the guy tried to sell us a tour or a return ticket and id rather see what i want to do over there and not get ripped off in Hanoi.



Advertisement