All Nha Tranged Out And Old Worldy Times In Hoi An


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Quảng Nam » Hoi An
June 24th 2008
Published: February 2nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

So me and Anneka awoke later than previous days as we had time to kill and grabbed breakie at a nice local place and then decided to hire mopeds and see some local sights, the cost of the bikes for two hours and for pterol was a total of 47,000 dong which was quite reasonable.

Me not being the sharpest tool in the box decided to wear a vest top at the hottest time of the day and ended up using my travel towel to cover my shoulders, the heat was incredible and no rain in three days in Nha trang, we decided through the throng of traffic and headed to the cham towers which were cool but a bit small and i met a french couple who were on my boat tour the day before.

We than headed twowards the son temple and missed by miles and had to tale back, we then visted the templ and masssive seated and lying buddha which was cool and unlike the cham towers it was free entry😊

We then haded the bikes back and grabbed a spot of lunch and headed to the beach and nha trang beach is a little dirt filled with ciggie butts etc and we got a shaed spot and i drifted off with my ipod and had my daysack under my head, anneaka fell asleep and her daysack was at her side, nect i heard shouting and theif had started running off with annekas daysack and she caught him and got it back, i asked if all her stuff was still in it, as i would have relished chasing the punk as i have had stuff stolen on this trip and to catch a thief and handed him to the coppers would have been good.

After that we were more vigilant and both went for a swim while the other watched the bags and then we headed back to the hotel who had stored our bags after check out and they let us shower and gave us tea and were so nice and i have found in the most parts vietnemese people so nice and friendly.

We grabbed a bagutte and then walked to the agency and awaited the night bus, it eventually arrived and we got bottom bunks which is stuffy on the bus and i slept on and off.

The first stop at Ho Ani was a hotel and it was 9 dollars and anneka wanted some space and her own room which was cool and so i got back on the bus and stopped at the agency and the was a hotel there and it was 8 dollars for a crap room and no pool and while there i met jackie an english girl traveling asia for a year and so we chatted and decided to go back to the first hotel and share a room, we then grabbed lunch together and she is a veggie too which is awesome and she decide to have some pool time and i decided to walk around the old town and its so quite and peaceful and is a unesco heritage site, yes the whole old town is a heritage site, i visited some free stuff and then headed back and had some pool time and chatted with jackie and then we headed to the old town and walked round chatting and having a nice afternoon in this quite but beautiful town and then we wemt and checked prices had the tailors as i want a suit and some shirts and jackie wanted a dress and then we looked over the open market and chatted to a couple we had both met before and then we headed back changed and grabbed a bite to eat and took a bridge to one of the nearby islands and went to king kong bar which was chilled out and people who visited wrote on the walls, We had free rum and cokes for an hour and chatted to other travelers and i played pool badly and then we decided to turn in as we were tired from the previous nights bus journey.

Next morning so early a start and we had a look around some more of the listed buildings in the old town and went a round some tailors to get the material and prices we wanted, after some time we managed to agree a deal and both me and jackie got mesaured up and would need to call back for a fitting at 7pm that evening and we placed a deposit on the items, we then carried on just chatting and taking in the sites and we had an alfresco lunch of bread and cheese...lol.

We then decided to hire a moped and i did the driving and we went to hoi an beach which was really nice and better than the beach at nha trang. We parked up and jackie met two guys from cannock in the uk paul and david who she had met in nha trang and so we chatted and hung out on the beach and then we met this aussie jeremy and a nice israiel guy amir and then i bumped into anneka and so talked crap and had a laugh on the beach and a few of us got stung by sand fleas.

We agreed to meet later for some drinks at the before n now bar in hoi an and went our seprate ways once the sun was coming down, in vietnam the locals seem to deluge the beach close to dusk.

Me and jackie grabbed some chill time at the hotel and then went out for a bite to eat and found a nice place and then the lights went and so we then had candles, but it was quickly resolved and we had some nice cheap veggie food and our fittings went well and my stuff was good to go and jackies needed a slight adjusment and so we arranged to go back the next day.

We then met jeremey and he was there with two danish guys from aarhus of all places, which is were ill be living with my girlfriend come the 1st jan 2009, so we chatted and drank and played some pool and the bar is quite cool with paintings of Che and Bono and all sorts of people.

Then Paul and David turned up and a french couple and amir and some of his israilely friends and so the was lots of pool,beer and chatting which was cool.

Then we headed to the hang around bar were the was free shots and a serious lack of music and we all got merry and drank and tried body opping and moon walking etc and then jeremey and jackie swapped clothes.....deffeinetly a facebook pic...lol.

In the end me and jackie rolled back to the hotel at 4.20am.



Advertisement