How Long In Halong?


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Northeast » Quang Ninh » Halong Bay
June 30th 2008
Published: February 2nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

So the last day in Hue and Jackie really did not want to do much and she said that she wasnt really into cultual and seeing anymore temples or the like of and she was more into beaches and she was trying to make out she was a move convicted veggie than me.

So i went and saw the citadel before the bus and it was quite cool and during the bus journey to hanoi id been thinking wether i should part ways with jackie, its made eating out more intresting and cut the accomodation cost down, but its my trip and i dont want to compromise and last night chatting to my girlfriend i have decided i will leave Halong bay on my own and maybe i can meet jackie somewhere else, she is a nice girl and we do get on and id like to stay friends but i think i should carry on with my own plan and im likely to meet others so i wont be solo for long.

So anyway the bus eventually arrived and it was a minibus to Halong bay and we were on with two,three day and one day halong bay tours.

We stopped at a han dicap craft centre for a break and then three hours later we arrived at the port, we got on the boat and thought we would be dropped at the bay, however the port was at the bay, but we then ended up taking a day cruise and met an aussie veggie couple and a polish girl who is veggie and some english guys who have recently been to laos and ashley and his friend who are both from isle of man, we all hung out on the dop deck and chatted and it was cool sailing around and then we kayaked through some caves and went to a fish farm,a massive cave with stalagtimes and stalagmites and then back to port were we said goodbywe to the others and had had a good day and me jackie,ashley and his friend we all headed into town to find a room and we got motos and the first place was a dump and in the end we found a room for four in a beachside hotel for 30 dollars a night split between 4 which isntn bad.

We went out and grabbed some food and a beer and chatted and then headed back and watched some naff tv and then hit the hay.

We woke up just after 9am and jackie went to see about a visa extension and i disscused with ashley about me and him going to sapa, me ashley and sarah went and grabbed breakie and came back to the hotel and jackie had got back and she couldnt sort her visa out and so we are all traveling to Hanoi tomorrow and jackie is going to hang out with sarah and im going to head to lapa with ashley.

Today we spent just chilling on the beach and the girls went in the sea, but me and ashley were not fussed about going in the murky sea, at 5pm we heaed back and showered and went for a bite to eat and a chat and then back to the room to chill and play cards.

next morning Jackie had left at 4am and we aoke around 9am and the power was off and it was overcast and windy, we went and grabbed some breakie and some snacks for the bus.

Jackie texted about the 4 of us going together to sapa and the was a tour for 80 dollars and so we got back to her to let her know to book it and the train would leave at 9.15pm that night.

We checked out and had a very non-eventful bus journey and we got to the bamboo hotel were jackie was waiting on us and it was hammering down with rain. We stowed our bags and we then went over to a bar called le pub and had some grub and some booze and played some cards to kill time.

We grabbed some snacks for the train and then we had a minibus to the train stationand in the group from the bus was a danish family and its cool i keep meeting danish people prior to me moving there.

On the train it wasnt too bad, a little squeezed in and my first sleeper train ever, we brought some beer and vodka and we hung out with some americans and aussies and it was a booze fuled late night...lol.

Advertisement