Buy Something from Me ?


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Quảng Nam » Hoi An
November 27th 2007
Published: November 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

If you have ever been to Sapa and have been entertained by the beautiful Hmong gals with their singsong "buy from me "...Hoi An is no different.

Justified of its UNESCO status, the place is rich in culture and history tied to its historical maritime history. the Chinese clan houses and the museums are very rich in culture and the town has a good feeling it is still stuck in 16th century.

The only sore point is the constant barraging from the numerous tailors, artifects and shoe makers...if you are into shopping this place is a haven although the quality and pricing is very different.

I would say the quality of the shoes are great here with a catalogues given fro your selection. For USD$70 bucks I got 5 pairs of shoes made in the fashion I chose and the quality is great although I would recommend suede leather over the leather stuff as the leather here seems to be of a lower quality.

the real gems and buys here are the lanterns...all Hoi An designed it is neatly packed for transfer back home and the art gallery are very impressive too.

My Son is the main draw here and is justified of its historical status for its Champa History and the other big draw there is the morning markets....going ther at 6am will give you the main bustle of the place and also a greatway to see Vietamese at its best ...whether it is running with tons of fishes to trying to leap off the boats with their motorbikes and women chattering and "scolding" each other over the pricing !

Hoi An is peaceful for now...go & shop before more tourists come ....Cargo Club is a great place to eat and hang out and the whole street is filled with great restaurants selling mostly Western grub.

try the specialities of Hoi An food...quite chinese and rather unique !

Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.026s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb