The Capital Beauty


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Red River Delta » Hanoi
November 28th 2007
Published: November 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The Beauty of Hanoi is one of quiet reflection. On the onsight, it appears like its vibrant sister city HCM and yet as one dwells on the charm with the cool winter days, you can certainly see the cultured difference. While HCM is bustling all year round and the business scenes are always moving, Hanoi slows itself through different times of the day.

While most visitors would agree that HCm comes with more ready smiles, Hanoi remains like a true lady uncovered only at its own pace will it reveal its true beauty. Although there are no ready smiles, once the ice is broken the people of Hanoi envevlope you with their proud history and slower pace of life.

Hoan Kiem Lake is defintely the place to go and understand the importance of the green lake among the city's traffic. Here, visitors like the rest of the Hanoi come for calm and serene walks and if you concertrate hard enough, you could block out the city noise.

The Old Quarters arranged just like a few hundred years ago show you simple organization. If you can get around it well on a xe om, you will find everythign arranged the way it should be, shoes, bags, tombstones, towels, wedding decor all in their respective streets.

Hanoi is also the staging point to head up to Sapa and a few days will entice you to stay and see the real beauty of the city.

The people are calmer, the streets more beautiful and the certainly the history of Vietnam can be best seen in this proud capital city.

Sunshine 3 located in the Old Quarter is the recommended brand new hotel to stay and Handspan & Buffalo Tours although slightly more pricer than the rest of the joints give you the best reliability and quality for the price paid.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0233s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb