Day 13-15 The bus ride from hell to Nha Trang


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Khanh Hoa » Nha Trang
July 24th 2011
Published: July 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We left Mui Ne and travelled by a sleeper bus which was 3 rows of reclined seats with two layers in each row, no air conditioning and about 42 people on board. This was the bus ride from hell, the bus was that bad Kimberly nearly got off before it had even moved. After I talked Kimberly into it we set off on the 6 hour trek to Nha Trang.

We arrived in Nha Trang around 8pm where we travelled to our hotel which was called the HQ Apartments and ownded by a very helpful australian guy who gave us advice on where to eat and bars to visit. It was really nice to not hvae to repeat yourself two or three times when we spoke. We went to an Italian place for dinner called De Fernandos where the guy that owned it was actually italian and the food was great.

The next morning we woke up to a 35oC steamy day and not a cloud n the sky. We jumped on a speedboat over to a place called Vinpearl which was an amusement and water park. Once we got to Vinpearl we went on a roller coaster which
My left view on the busMy left view on the busMy left view on the bus

Above my head was an emergency exit which was what stopped me from getting off and kept me sane. I was stressing if we were to crash I would never get out but that settle me a bit.
was pretty average and then on a ride called the Evolution. The problem was we jumped on the ride before actually seeing what it did and turns out that it went up 20 meters and spunaround whilst hanging us completely upside down. Kimberly was not impressed, it was funny for me but not so much for her.

After we had worked up a sweat on he rides we headed for the water park whch is similar to Macquarie Pool in Canberra. The slides amused us for a good couple of hours followed by a horrible buffet lunch. We took the cable car home which is the the largest cable car in the world, it was pretty awesome.

One on the mainland Kimberly got her hair cut for $4 and I went to the gym. The gym cost all of $2 but the equiptment matched the price. After the gym I met up with Kimberly who shocked the hell out of me with a number 4 crewcut, apparantly i'ts good luck!!!! haha just joking.

After a shower we headed to the Sailing Club which is right on the beach and a great place. We indulged in cocktails, beers
My right view on the busMy right view on the busMy right view on the bus

No air con on a 35oC day with 42 people on the bus and everyone had to take there shoes off before you got on the bus..hahaha pretty bad.
and buckets and met some nice people who we might be travelling to Sapa with. They had a show with the traditional dragons on the beach which was awesome to watch and an illusionist. After the show the place turned into one big beach party on the sand playing great chillout & dance music.... we danced and drank more buckets and met a really nice vietnamese guy who spoke very well.

At 3am we called it a night where we jumped on a cyclo (a bicycle with a seat on the front) to take us back to the apartment wheeled by a 40kg vietnamese man, I felt sorry for him cause we weighed the bike down. Approximately 50 metres from the apartment we heard a bang which was the front wheel of the cyclo so we did the australian thing and jumped off and said thanks mate heres your 20,000 dong (50c) and left him to patch it up on the side of the road.

The next day was a ride off and I had a hangover to match. We moved to a hotel which we are now staying at called the Nha Trang Lodge Hotel which is pretty grose but the bed is very comfortable and the air conditioning works unlike the last place we were in.
We went to dinner at De Fernandos again tonight which was again very good, Kimberly even got fresh hand made fettucine which she said was amazing. We then headed back to the Hotel along the beach for a walk and to the night markets which were pretty average.
Tomorrow we are planning to head to the mudbaths then maybe parasailing or diving.

Thats it plomps.


Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Cable carCable car
Cable car

Worlds longest


Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0149s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb