Crazy Monkeys, Cable Cars & Rambo


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Khanh Hoa » Nha Trang
October 10th 2010
Published: October 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

9th - 10th October 2010

Welcome to Nha Trang

We clambered off the plane and into a bus for the 40km trip from the airport to Nha Trang "City", we were pretty stoked that we were able to organise a bus ride (our first so far) as we were the only foreigners on it and it was half the price of a taxi, therefore saving us $2. I guess were starting to get into the tight-arse backpacker way of life...

The bus driver must have been getting paid per horn 'toot' as he was on it more often than not and coupled with his crazy driving made for an exciting if not a little anxious trip to the sea-side town of Nha Trang.

Of course we got lost on our way to finding The Golden Lotus, our hotel but this wasn't really a problem as we meandered along the waterfront path taking in the beautiful views and surrounding chaos of Vietnam's streets.

The next morning, as we consumed our tasty breakfast soup we observed that it was another overcast day, much to Danielle's disgust, and decided against spending the day sunbaking on the beach, much to Danielle's disgust and instead headed to Vinpearl Land, much to Chris's excitement. Vinpearl Land in Vietnamese can be loosely translated into english as "island made into massive amusement park perfect for Chris to have an awesome time". It's located on Hon Tre Island and is reached by the world's longest cross-sea cable car, approximately 3.3km's in length and up to 60m's above sea level.

This place is so AWESOME... First up was the animal show which featured monkeys lifting weights, juggling, and riding little pushbikes, one monkey ran away which made it even more amusing as we watched a trainer running after it. We wondered off to the aquarium to witness the vast array of sealife and a real-life make-believe mermaid swimming around. Next it was onto the 'Indoor Games' which included old school arcade games and Danielle and I wasted no time in kicking arse in the RAMBO game, however our shooting accuracy of 53% sucked. More training required I think. A 4D rollercoaster ride, lunch for $1 each and then the waterpark was calling my name, unfortunately no Mental Patients are allowed as a sign distinctly pointed out. In typical Vietnam style there were penguins everywhere and other various animals and objects, which of course we felt obliged to model next to whilst being photographed.

After all that excitement we needed an early night so we grabbed some not-very-Vietnamese-pizza and scoffed it down with a few beers before hitting the hay.


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.051s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb