Mui Ne & Nha Trang


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Khanh Hoa » Nha Trang
February 24th 2009
Published: February 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well spent 5 days in Saigon. Mainly just in the hotel room with Phuong haha, has been so good seeing her again, but I did start to get a bit of cabin fever and I had a couple of shittys at her.. I think it could have been a bit of jet lag as well. We went to the pub one night and a couple of her friends came, because I cant speak there language I got a bit bored and just got more and more drunk, then we were going to go to Apocolypse to go dancing but when we got there I wasnt in the mood so we just went home. After me having what Phuong refers to as "you are baby"(me having a shitty and a sulk) she took me on a bus ride about an hour into another district.. the bus was jam packed and I was sweating the whole way... haha. but was only 3000vnd and if we taxied it would have been maybe 100,000vnd. It was a big park with lots of people in traditional vietnamese costumes getting wedding photos and videos done. Was quite nice. but very hot.. We done some fishing, but didnt catch anything.. Later that night I got quite bad sun stroke from the day. Phuong went and got me some medicine from the pharmacy and I was fine the next day.. She was worried about me because I usually eat alot, and that day I couldnt eat much.... felt to sick.. Since then Ive been eating quite healthy. The whole trip so far has been very cheap tho... we had a few days where weve speant to much, but still havent blown our budget of $75 ausd a day. We're averaging about $35-40 a day if that including accomdation.

We left Saigon and went on what i thought was going to be a 3hr bus ride to Mui Ne which is a small beach town, but it turned out to be a 5hr ride haha. Then i jumped off the bus too early and we were in the resort district.. place was full of russians and 200usd a night resorts.. we found a taxi driver who told us cheap accomodation is further up the road.. so we found a resort where only vietnamese stay.. but it was still 400,000vnd.. which is about 35-40ausd. The guy at the desk tried to short change me 100,000 but i said hey! and got it back. then we went to dinner literally on the beach.. local people had set up little bbqs and plastic tables and chairs and were cooking fresh sea food they just caught at the beach.. so we ate there. was quite good. and we were serenaded with vietnamese kareoke haha.. coming from one of the other hotels on the beach.. We decided not to stay any longer in Mui Ne as unless we wanted to shop there wasnt much to do and there was a lot of rubbish on the beach from the people who bbq, so Phuong didnt want to swim.

So we rang the bus company and got the next bus the following day to Nha Trang.. Is good to be back here. When we got off the bus some guys on motobikes were in our faces trying to get us to come to hotels.. i got talking to one guy and me and phuong jumped on his bike and we got a really nice place for 12usd a day. across the road from the beach and close to the local night club.. we went there for dinner last night.. Phuong was dressed up so beautiful, i felt self concious cause i was in a tshirt and shorts. After that we went for a walk on the beach and decided to go to sleep instead. Today we wen on a tour.. which was only 7usd and it was the best ive ever done anywhere... the guys who ran it looked like they were ni the mafia. We went snorkeling for an hour or more.. Phuongs first time, but she picked it up sweet as. Saw heaps of tropical fish and coral reef. Then they brought out an electric guitar and drums and had a full band (was only a small boat too!)... they sang heaps of vietnamese songs and english songs,, heaps of reggae and old rock which is my favorite beach/holiday music. Then they pointed at me and said "hey you! Aussie come up here! He kept going on so i had to! He wanted me to sing waltzing matilda.. i said i was a kiwi and he said i have to do the haka... up on stage with a mike to my mouth and 40 people watching me --p- i did what i could but couldnt remember much, then he got everyone up from different countries, he knew everybodys language on the boat --- there must have been people from at least 8 different countries.. then he picked on Phuong last, but she was to shy to get up.. he said ... Hey u marry this crazy kiwi but u boring.. dont make us vietnamese look boring haha.. but she was too shy.. i was worried about her but she was sweet.

THen they gave us free cocktails in the ocean.. we jumped off the boat and they gave us rubber rings, and they had a floating bar and we got to go drink when we wanted.. they were yuk tho!.... Finished up relaxing on another island watching people parasail, we might do it tomorrow, we would have but left most of our money at home... then had more food, they put on heaps of nice stuff through the day. Met a nice scottish couple and a kiwi and aussie couple ... who said I was a disgrace for nz not remembering the haka haha.

So yea tomorrow. were gonna rent a motobike and see the town, and then go parasailing hopefully. I think the day after were going back to Saigon then to Ben tre to visit Phuongs family for a few days, then to VUng Tau to visit her grandmother. Times goin too fast, Phuong keeps touching my face saying im real, im not just on the internet any more.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb