Update


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Khanh Hoa » Nha Trang
March 20th 2008
Published: March 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So, we are in Nha Trang now which is on the south-central coast of Vietnam. We arrived in the early hours of sunday morning, just before 6am after a 12 hour bus journey! Luckily we found a hotel open, its clean, nice and really cheap - only $6 a night between us. Not bad! That day we headed to the beach, it's really nice and not too busy so it doesn't feel too touristy here. It's so hot here but there is a sea-breeze which makes it bearable to lie on the beach!
Me and Daniela are eating out all the time, although we are doing well at sticking to our budget! We mostly are sticking to Vietnamese food, but we couldn't resist an Indian curry the other night. It was good! It's so nice just being able to eat out and not worry about how much it is costing, we spend about 2 pound everytime we go out in the evening to eat, such a bargain!
Yesterday we went on a party boat, which took us round the islands off Nha Trang. We went with this Canadian couple we met back in Hanoi, Lauren and Michael. The boat was a lot of fun, especially the entertainment part where me and Daniela got up on stage and danced with the band! And then this absolutely huge German man got up to dance with us, it was hilarious!! The best bit was probably the floating bar...a man was sat on a floating ring and we all were on rings too in the sea, and we all got free wine. It was pretty disgusting, but we still drank it all!
Then today we went to Thap Ba Hot Spring Centre. It was lucky we did that today as it has been raining all day. Apparently it's quite unusual so we are hoping it will clear up by tomorrow. The mud baths were so relaxing. We sat in there for ages, then you have to shower and wash the mud off and then we went into a hot bath. Soooo nice! We got some funny pictures with green faces from the mud!
We have just booked our bus to Hoi Chi Minh City for tomorrow. Another sleeper bus, which is luxury!! I think we get in about 6am, which isnt too nice. I will try and get some photos up on here.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0351s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb