Mui Ne


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Binh Thuan » Mui Ne
November 10th 2010
Published: November 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Mui Ne is a nice quieter place than Nha Trang, one long strip of road with resorts and bars. I stayed for 4 nights. 2 in a private guesthouse for $8 then moved to a cheater option at Austria-Vietnam for a $5 dorm which was a lot better as it was cheaper, where everyone was and it was by the beach. Mui Ne is a great place to chill and relax, not too many locals pestering you to buy things. Unfortunately I only managed 1 day of sun, rest was cloudy. So my days involved sun bathing, reading and chilling out in the evening at a local bar called Joe's. This Phillippino guy was playing live music, but anyone can go up and play some tunes and this one guy from Denmark went up and was awesome. He was ready to finish a few times and the Phillippino old him to carry on which was funny.

One day myself and the folks from Nha Trang hired some scooters and headed for the sand tunes. Must have taken about an hour. The trip was a bit windy so I only got up to 80kph, still pretty quick. We hired some cheap mats from the kids to go body boarding down the dunes. As we walked along the top to a nice high point the wind was blowing the sand into our legs, so it involved a lot of shuffling along using the mates as protection. To everyone elses amusement my mat whipped me in the face. We we slid down the tunes and as I slid down my camera came out my pocket and kinda broke as the sand was stopping the lens from coming completely out, but after a few goes and blowing it seemed to work pretty fine. Had some more goes and it was cool. Just you had to climb the steep slope to get back up which was a challenge.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Mui NeMui Ne
Mui Ne

Sand Dunes
Mui NeMui Ne
Mui Ne

Sand Dunes
Mui NeMui Ne
Mui Ne

Me on Moto
Mui NeMui Ne
Mui Ne

Helga, Me, Toni, Sissa, Johannes and Nakea


Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0574s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb