Downhill Ascent to Mui Ne


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Binh Thuan » Mui Ne
January 10th 2008
Published: March 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

My life, we decided to cycle (no engine) 80km from the mountains surrounding Dalat to Mui Ne at the coast. There were 5 other crazy people who also wanted to do this trip which started with a 7km uphill "warm-up". One of the girls in the group had to make use of our support vehicle not 20mins in just to get to the top. It was hot and we were a little nervous about making it the whole distance.
But then the downhill parts gave us chance to revive ourselves and we really enjoyed it. We Stopped for lunch with about 30km to go and ate copious amounts of cheese baguettes, salad and fruit before pushing off for the final flat section which was easily the hardest part. The sun was really beating down and all the local villages had kids which waved at us in I'm sure a slightly mocking fashion. I stopped off to play football with some kids and was so glad when we finally got to Mui Ne, I thought we would never make it.
I now have a new found respect for anyone who decides to cycle anywhere in the heat of these countries. But we are very proud of ourselves for making it all the way with no help and have great memories from the trip. As you can imagine it is hard to take photos when you are cycling so I apologise for the ones I did take - you will just have to imagine the gorgeous landscapes etc.




Additional photos below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0197s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb