Day 10 - Goooood Bye Vietnam


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Red River Delta » Hanoi
July 17th 2015
Published: July 18th 2015
Edit Blog Post

The only plans we had for our last day in Vietnam was to head to the airport in the early afternoon. We took advantage of no plans and slept in for the first time since we started the trip. But as it was our last day, Kirsten decided to head out for a pedicure, while Chester and Lynn relaxed at the hotel and had a few beers. Surprisingly all of the spas were full and Kirsten had to scurry to 3 of them before she could get it. But she made it back to the hotel with 45 mins to spare to get packed up and showered.

Our guide met us for the ride to the airport with a few last questions "just for fun" for us. Of course we did not get a single question right.

So as we left Vietnam we thought we would leave everyone with a few departing thoughts. If you are thinking of visiting Vietnam, let us suggest you do not do it in July unless you like to sweat 24/7 completely through every layer. The people are amazingly friendly and go out of their way to welcome you to their country. The food is wonderful and if you love spring rolls you will get them at every meal. The people of Vietnam want to do everything to make your stay perfect. If you have any issues they will do their best to fix it immediately. If you tell them there are no problems they will probe until you tell them one so they can fix it. If you don't value your life feel free to rent a moped and cruise around the city playing frogger in between traffic. But we recommend a car or van to play it safe. But all in all definitely a country we would come back to visit.

Our flight to Sri Lanka took us through Bangkok with a few hour layover. We went to board the flight from Bangkok and noticed there was not a lot of people in the boarding lounge. We got excited for a bit thinking we could spread out, but were sadly disappointed when we got on the plane and it was completely full from the previous leg from China. The BO smell on the plane made it seem like they had all been on that plane for days. We plugged our nose and toughed it out for 4 hours.



We arrived a bit early in Sri Lanka and breezed through customs and immigration. Luggage all arrived as well. We arrived just after midnight in Sri Lanka but they were not ready for us. We had to wait about an hour to get the 3rd bed. Fortunately we do not have to wake up early so can try to get a bit of the sleep back. After it was all said and done, from the hotel in Hanoi to our hotel outside Colombo, Sri Lanka, it was a little over 13 hours travel. Talk about a long day.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.181s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 13; qc: 39; dbt: 0.1109s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb