Reception for Fulbright Alum Hosted by Ted Osius, US Ambassador to Vietnam, US Embassy Hanoi


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Red River Delta » Hanoi
January 30th 2015
Published: May 26th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Reception for Fulbright Alum hosted by US Ambassador




Ted Osius, new US Ambassador to Vietnam, hosted a reception for Fulbright Alum in Hanoi in late January of 2015. Osius has had a notable career in Asia. He was appointed by the President to his present post in Vietnam in November 2014. Before that, Osius was Associate Professor at the National War College, Washington, DC from 2013 to 2014. He was also Senior Fellow, Center for Strategic and International Studies , Washington DC, and he served as Deputy Chief of Mission at the US Embassy Jakarta, Indonesia as well as Deputy Director of the Office of Korean Affairs in the bureau of East Asian and Pacific Affairs, Department of State. It was a pleasure to meet Ambassador Osius at the reception honoring Fulbrighters. He expressed gratitude to Fulbright alum for their contributions and welcomed those of us now serving as Fulbrighters.


Birthday Bash for John Barnett



The weekend of the reception in Hanoi we celebrated John's birthday with a delicious cake and lots of Malbec which we found at the airport -- not always easy to locate the wine you're looking for! We celebrated at Everett Meyers' luxury apartment in IndoChina Plaza in a suburb of Hanoi, close to the university where he is teaching! Quite a view! Hardly a hardship post! How lucky we were! Ev was a gracious host, letting all of us stay over for the weekend!


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0567s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb