Beep Beep!!!


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Red River Delta » Hanoi
November 22nd 2011
Published: November 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

The Streets of Vietnam!

Our First Day in Nam and to sum it up....we have never seen sooo many motorbikes or heard soo many beeps in our life!! the streets are crazy, have to look four ways when you cross a road to avoid getting run over by a bike!

We took a leisurely stroll to a cafe for brunch where we had a traditional vietnamese broth.... was lush! if only there were places like this back home!! had a lovely walk back past the lake.... and we were disturbed by a random man who kept staring and pointing at my legs! it was very wierd and he followed us for a while while he kept doing it and laughing (i was wondering whyy!!!!)... then he moved on to mel (phew! lol) and pointed and laughed at her feet! HE FINALLY LEFT!

Vietnamese truly live their lives on the streets...eating, drinking and selling! anything goes!! we absorbed their culture when trying to find the day markets and it was truly great to just get lost in the streets and see what else the city had to offer! we perched ourselves on a plastic chair on the streets ordered beer and sat and watched how the city operated.... it was surreal to see and the best way to absorb HANOI!!

Hilly x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 28; dbt: 0.024s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb