The Bus


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Red River Delta » Hanoi
November 22nd 2011
Published: November 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

The Bus from hell.

I think it is safe to say that i will NEVER take the bus from Laos to Vietnam again. It was a 23 hour journey (remember i get motion sickness) i was on the top bunk, next to a french couple and right by the loo- BLEUGH! In all fairness thanks to my super strength pills i was only sick the last 10 mins of the journey. Poor Hilly was stuck on the bottom bunk next to two fat, hippy, old French ladies.

There were arguments between the americans and the bus drivers, a british girl with her foot cut open and locals trying to ram themselves onto the already packed bus. As for border control....i read in the guide book things happen in Lao time, they weren't kidding. we waited 3 hours to have our passports stamped, that was just to leave the country then they charge you departure tax?! waaaa They then make us get off the bus and walk to the Vietnamese officials along a dirt track, with the bus following behind, lol- who thought that crap up! Once we got to Vietnam two officals laughed at my passport picture then pulled at my hair, they found it very strange that my hair was curly but in my picture its straight. I had to pay for this honour also.

So in summary if you ever want to go to Vietnam via Laos- fly!

M x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.183s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.1338s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb