Day 1/2 Arrived in Hanoi


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Red River Delta » Hanoi
November 12th 2010
Published: November 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

After a dreadful mix up with the flights, and the travel agents and travel company we booked our flights through blaming each other, we were re-routed on a later flight via Ho Chi Minh and then had a connecting flight up to Hanoi to catch. In between this, Dad's Samson**** case has suffered a handle blow out, causing us great amusement, especially as he spent much of the first part of the day saying what a Chinese bargain his purchase had been! So we arrived safely some 8 hours later than we were originally due to get in, but nevertheless we are here! It's now around midnight as we are 7hrs ahead of home having only been here a couple of hours and are taking advantage of the hotels free internet connection (at least somethings gone right).

We were greeted at the airport by our guide 'Tu' pronounced the same way someone from Bolton would describe going 't' shops. It's about a 30min drive from the airport into Hanoi City centre. We were amazed how quiet the roads were and the slow pace at which everyone was travelling. Along the way we passed lots of farmers on motorcycles carrying fresh cut flowers to be sold at market overnight.

Our guide ask us if we would like to stop on the way to the hotel for noodles as he thought we must be hungry after our long trip. Not wanting to miss out on our first taste of Vietnamese culture we duly agreed and Tu took us to a small off street cafe complete with the really small tables and chairs (primary school size) although we just felt like we were sat on the floor. The beefish noodle soup we had was very nice even if it did need a bit of chilli sauce to give it a bit of flavour. We finally arrived at our first hotel Maison d'Hanoi which is really nice and even had a small basket of freshly cut flowers and some fruit in it from our Vietnam Tour operators with a greeting card.

We look forward to tomorrows city tour starting with Tu picking us up at 9.00am.





Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



15th November 2010

Enjoy!xx
Glad you all arrived safely, did laugh outloud at the case (probably because i can imagine uncle peter's reaction!!!) Have a brilliant time, lots of love from us all xxxx

Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 18; qc: 102; dbt: 0.0714s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb