Day 15 -16 - Delhi


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » National Capital Territory » Delhi
October 30th 2009
Published: November 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 15 - 16 Back to delhi
We arrived back in Delhi with a mixture of happiness that we were going home and a little sadness that our adventure had come to an end. During the day we had gone to Connaught Square for the last bit of shopping, and managed to finish our shopping and ensure that we had presents for everyone. We had one last meal with everyone at tea time and met at the only bar that had a drinks licence. It was the one we had visited right at the start of the holiday and was full of tours, like ours, that were on their last day. We even met Mr Puja! We said our farewells as the next morning we were all going our seperate ways. Some of the group were going home the next day and others like us were staying an extra day before leaving. Most of those staying an extra night had decided to bail on the Hotel Perfect, so taking a leaf out of their books we also had booked a night in a different hotel in search of a little luxury before the flight home.

The following day, once we had packed, we headed off to our stay at the Hyatt Regency. Our taxi drew up, and dressed in the only clothes that we had left that were clean, we got out. We looked okay, but our bags, which had spent several days on the top of the bus, were dusty and not designer luggage. However, we had our own check in, having booked into the Regency Club, and in fact, two floors of the hotel were reserved for the Regency Club. Our room, although not huge, was nice, and we had free internet access and a very comfy bed and a hot clean shower. We ventured downstairs and had lunch in the main dining area, and slightly un-nervingly, once we had given our room number in, they called us by our name. After lunch, we went back to the room and started to upload photos for the blog and the video of the elephant ride. We went back down to the hotel lobby and looked at the restaurants for dinner, and went and sat out by the pool.

We went back to the room to get changed and take advantage of the "cocktails and canapes" that were part of the Regency Club package. To be fair, we could have just eaten what was on offer there and not bothered with dinner! We ordered drinks, and they obviously don't drink spirits, as there was about half a pint of gin with Russ' tonic! We had reseved a table for dinner at the italian restaurant within the hotel as it was reputedly one of the best in the city and on arrival they were very attentive with a greeting of good evening Mr and Mrs Duckworth as we walked in. The meal was lovely and we were rueing the over indulgence with the canapes and couldn't really do the meal justice but we enjoyed it non the less. After dinner we were so tired we couldn't even face a nitecap in the bar and retired back to the room, we just had a hour trying to catch up with the blog then called it a night. Tomorrow a long flight home awaits us and then another adventure to start planning!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 21; qc: 97; dbt: 0.1159s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb