Good Morning Vietnam (Hanoi & Halong Bay)


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Red River Delta » Hanoi
July 15th 2010
Published: July 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

After arriving in the airport and filling in the approriate visa paperwork we took the airport minibus to Hanoi city centre (the old quarter). Upon arrival we were completely taken back by what we saw. We thought bangkok was crazy but this place was insane... you cant see or cross from 1 side of the road to another for the millions of motorbikes all weaving in and out of each other. After finding an appropriately priced hostel we went to the nearest corner cafe to enjoy some bia (beer) hanoi and noodle soup with the locals.. all of the time sitting on kids sized plastic tables and chairs less than 1ft in height from the floor (a sight that quickly becomes familiar throughout the streets)!!! During our week spent here we took a trip to halong bay..... amazing!! We also went to see famous sights such as the embalmed body of ho chi minh and a giant famous tortoise (long story)!!!... not to mention going to watch the world cup final in a crazy local irish pub. After spending 2 weeks in cities we decided it was time to hit the beaches and hitch the open bus south for some relaxation, cocktails and beer.


Additional photos below
Photos: 130, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 67; dbt: 0.0682s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb