Hoi an & Nha Trang


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » South Central Coast » Quảng Nam » Hoi An
July 29th 2010
Published: July 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hoi an:

After settling into our bunk beds on our comfortable sleeper bus in Hanoi, we poured ourselves some drinks and set off for Hoi an, catching a connecting bus at Hue. It wasn't long before disaster struck.... after about an hour into the journey, an almighty bang ground the bus to a halt on a busy motorway bustling with massive lorries and buses all speeding past us!!! We were all ordered to step off the bus while they tried to fix the problem, the problem being the gear box had blown beyond repair!! After several frustrating hours, all us westerners hungry for beer set off down the motorway armed with our torches and dong in search of the nearest town or village... after 1/2 hour of walking we came across a secluded, not to mention lightless village whose occupants seemed to have never come into contact with western people as they rushed out of their homes at 1am to greet us and sell us their own stash of beer.... SCORE!! After enjoying our beers on the side of the motorway our saviour finally arrived in the form of a far less comfortable seating bus.
Finally we arrived in Hoi An, 24hrs later than schedule but still in good spirit. Our 1st day was spent exploring which didn't seem to take too long as it was nothing more than a small-sized village. After some time wandering, we decided to purchase some badminton rackets and head back to our hotel for a few games. After tiring ourselves out, we headed in search of food and enjoyed a meal and some beer overlooking the local river. Over the next few days we spent our time relaxing and drinking cold beer on a beautiful beach, not to mention paying a visit to the amazing marble mountain on our motorbike (having conversations with other motorists whilst driving down the motorway haha)!! The nightimes were basically spent eating and drinking to our hearts content and playing pool with new friends, later ending up in the local beachside club till the wee hours of the morning!

Nha Trang:

After about 5 days, we decided to hop on another sleeper bus to take us further south to Nha trang (an old rest and recovery location for US troops during the war). The place was packed with late night bars and nice restaurants, yet the beach was not as nice as Hoi An due to the amount of tourists, so our time here was short lived. After a few good days here, we decided it was time for more culture and sightseeing so we booked our sleeper bus to take us to Saigon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 111, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 64; dbt: 0.0613s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb