The best laid plans of mice and men........


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Red River Delta » Hanoi
May 15th 2010
Published: May 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

The best laid plans of mice and men.....

Sitting in this hospital, nusing poor little Fay, leads one to become fairly philisophical. Travelling is a curious thing, an intricate set of plans either on paper or in the head of the traveller. Plans like; where next? How will we get there? And more concrete plans like prebooked flights and visa dates makes timing increasingly important.

Our time in Vietnam, thus far, has been spent hurtling through this long diverse country, all aiming for our 15th may deadline and our flight to Bangkok. How pointless that all seems now, as fay lays in her hospital bed. Dressed to the nines in a beautiful white, one-piece, gown! She sleeps serenely, after another traumatic needle inserting incident. 

Needless to say, We missed the flight. A blessing in disguise, a very painful disguise for Fay. As the opourtunity to be in Bangkok, what should have been our next destination, is as palatable as being stuck here! Reports of widespread killings and violence deeply troubles us. In these situations it's very easy for the mind to question " how does this affect me?"  

The Foreign office warns against all travel to Thailands capital. And our carefully planned trip starts to collapse like a pack of cards. No flight to Bangkok, no flight from Bangkok to Hong Kong, and from hong kong home! 

Now is not the time for cursing, now is the time for thinking on our feet!!

We'll keep you posted! But for now I'll just quote John Steinbeck (or Robert Burns) "the best laid plans of mice and men often go ary!"

 
Not a full blog, just thought I would share my current feelings! 


  

Advertisement



Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 15; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0486s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb