Hanoing it up


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Red River Delta » Hanoi
February 14th 2006
Published: February 14th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello Again, Paul here with some more further annoying details of our movements.
We sadly left Hoi An on Saturday and bussed it to Hue. I recommend Hoi An for all prospective honeymooners and romantics.Tis beautiful.
We spent a couple of days in Hue, eating spaghetti,avoiding the over zealous cyclo drivers,drinking violently strong but magnificent coffee and walking along the local Perfume river. The coffee in Vietnam is good gear but does have you needing the loo within 14 seconds......
Our hotel had beds that made the sound of cars being crushed each time you moved and the pillows were about 3 feet thick. It made for interesting sleeping!!
On Monday we flew into Hanoi, the mighty capital. The traffic here is wild and crazy and scooters fly along with young fellas aboard, throwing themselves into congested intersections at mad speeds. You could sit and watch it all day and not get bored. Crossing the road is both fun and scary.
Today I tried to buy a very loud shirt. It was that colourful the shop assistant wouldn't let me try it on and kept telling Kate to instead. Eventually they let me put it on...very amusing.
Today we saw the Water Puppets perform at a local theatre -an ancient art form and good fun. Spent the afternoon walking around the lake in the centre of the city - lots of romantics sitting together enjoying Valentines day. However i refuse to participate with such imperialist concepts......
Au Revoir for now...Paul and the patient Kate



Advertisement



15th February 2006

Paul's loud shirt count
Perhaps we should have a little wager on how many shirts Paul brings back with him!

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0329s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb