Sunday May 31, 2009


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Red River Delta » Hanoi
May 31st 2009
Published: June 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Happy 1 year anniversary to us!!! We hired a driver with a motorbike to take us to church since we were running behind. Imagine 3 full grown adults on this thing the size of a scooter traveling through the crazy streets you've seen pictures of. The lord was watching over us because we were going to church, I'm sure, because we made it safely. The St. Joseph's Cathedral in Hanoi is BEAUTIFUL!!! The mass was in French, which didn't surprise me too much because this church looked like it belonged in France with the wonderful architecture. I assume this church was built when the French were trying to takeover in Vietnam. For lunch we went around the corner to a Spanish/French Cafe called La Salsa and had a wonderful meal of Paella. We are being bad by going to these nice little restaurants, but they are still inexpensive compared to American standards. We headed to the Vietnam Military Museum were several war relics of the Vietnam war with the US were on display. It was very interesting to see everything from guns and knives to the fully intact U.S. Army planes, helicopters and Jeeps. It was very hot today so we went across the street to rest in the shaded park, ironically called the Lenin Park after the man who was a Communist Leader in Russia...For dinner that night we went to the Green Tangerine and had a wonderful anniversary dinner, they even had a dozen red roses on the table for us=) After dinner we went back to the Lake in the middle of town to watch a puppet show that was part of a festival going on that night. It was really cool=)


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb