Saturday May 30, 2009


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Red River Delta » Hanoi
May 30th 2009
Published: June 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

We switched to the Camellia 4 hotel this morning on Hang Giay Street in Hanoi. We took a cyclo (bicycle with a cart for sitting in the front of it) to our 1st stop for the day which was the Vietnam History Museum, next we walked to the Women's History Museum, and then our final stop was the Hao Lo Prision were John McCain was a prisioner of war in 1967. Afterwards, we hung out at the Hoan Kiem Lake in the middle of town and watched a group of ladies performing Tai Chi in the park. Later that night we hired another cyclo to take us to dine at the Emperor Restaurant, apparently it was closed for rennovation so the driver took us to another restaurant owned by the same company called the Club de L'Oriental. We were underdressed to say the least, but they eagerly let us in anyway=) We met a couple from St. Louis celebrating their 31st wedding anniversary that night who presently live in Hanoi. Interesting, we keep seeing so many Americans living in these parts. The cyclo driver took us back to the hotel and the price was 3 times what we agreed to. Apparently the price is for one way, they offer to wait for you, but fail to tell you that you will be charged again. After haggling with him some we got some of our money back but still overpaid, oh well, that won't happen again!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0237s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb