Day 38 Vietnam here comes trouble.....


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Red River Delta » Hai Phong
September 2nd 2011
Published: September 19th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hanoi (for some reason I could not get Hanoi in the location thing above?)

So Grainne and I were up bright and early to have breakfast and pack as we had a plane to catch to Vietnam. Flight was in the afternoon and took 1 hour (compared to a 30 hour bus trip) flight was very uneventful but when we arrived in Hanoi we got we picked up more then luggage at the baggage claim, we picked up our favourite second oldest sister :D

So Debbie is spending 3 weeks with us in Vietnam and then 2 weeks in Cambodia. So we had arranged for our hostel to pick us up from the airport which was really handy. We were staying in the May De Ville, which only opened in June and we had been recommended it and thankfully so the place was fab really big room and nice shower even if the bathroom door was see through which was just weird.

We went for dinner at about 6.30/7pm and took our time over it. Then went for a wander to the lake which is in the center of the Hanoi. What we didn't realise was that the whole of Hanoi all 8million people were out in force to celebrate the anniversary of their independence. The place was MENTAL literally couldn't cross the road there were motor bikes everywhere. Also in Vietnam there is no such thing as pedestrian crossings or traffice stopping. When you cross the road here you just walk! Pick a steady pace and cross the road, and the bikes will avoid you! I could not get the hang of it, I had to hold Debbies hand every time we crossed the road!

We only stayed out for an hour cus it was that mental there was just no room to move, so we went back to the hostel and they had a games room and TV room so we had a few games of pool with some other people who were staying there and had an early night!

Rosie

Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0527s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb