Day 39 - Hanoi


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Northwest » Lao Cai » Bac Ha
September 3rd 2011
Published: October 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Up early for breakfast, which was ok but the toaster was crap more like a microwave thingy 6 minutes for toast anyone?! 😞
Got a really good map from reception ahead of a days sightseeing. Realised we were in a much better location then we thought which meant that we could get to everything we wanted to see by foot. The only problem for me was I hadn't gotten my head around crossing the road yet!
Anyway we walked up to the lake, and booked tickets for the 3pm show at the Water Puppet theatre, then to the lake they have a bridge to the middle where there is a little museum where they have a really old turtle on display it is supposed to be lucky!
Then we headed toward the opera house and museum but found everywhere to be closed because of the anniversary festival week.
So we found Cartier, Gucci and L.V. instead, G and I were like kids in a candy shop more for the fact that they were normal shops then anything else. Serious retail withdrawal!
Back toward the lake for lunch. Found a place on a rooftop which really good views of the lake and city. Had cheese toastys and read last weeks paper :/ then we headed to see the water puppet show. Which was surprisingly good. Booked tickets for the Halong bay trip for the morning. Back to hotel to pack (again!!) and get ready for Halong bay and had some din dins. Early start tomorrow...

Rx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 12; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0254s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb