India Visa in Hanoi


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Northwest
March 11th 2013
Published: March 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

I apparently don't know what region any of the places in Vietnam I went to are in, but I'm talking about Hanoi! Ok I figured I'd write this in case anyone else is in need of info for getting their India visa while vacationing in Hanoi.

Turns out it is incredibly easy to get your visa, it just takes a few days.

First fill out the online application and print it out. When you are filling it out make sure you have the right embassy. I had originally filled it out for Bangkok and needed to do it a second time for Hanoi.

You have to have your flights in and out of the country booked and have a copy of those plans along with where you are planning to stay.

It says you need two passport sized photos, but when I got there they only took one. Make sure your not wearing your glasses in the photo, apparently they aren't a fan of that.

You will of course need your passport And a copy of your passport as well.

I thought they only accepted visas in the morning so after running around like a chicken with my head cut off I finally stumbled upon the a bassy a sweaty mess, with the wrong online application (Bangkok not Hanoi oi!) when the fellow helping me, no doubt noticing my distress, simply told me to go and print out the new one and have it back by 5pm.

Playing it cool I did just that. The information is the reviewed and your asked a few questions such as why you are going to India and what your plans are and in my case I was asked how long I had been practicing yoga and then taught a way to help my breathing.

It takes 5 working days, so I dropped mine off c'mon day morning and picthe it up Friday morning. You can pick them up in the morning or the afternoon.

The fees vary, but a standard 6 month single entry should cost $80 USD.



HerI fortune address. It is just a short walk from Hoam Kiem lake. The entrfound for the visa is through the white metal gates. Now if your a frantic mess and think you have to be in before noon and have no idea where your going you may just so happen to hop onto a motorcycle who overcharges you and then brings you to the French embassy, which also has a white gate you pass through. When everyone speaks French and chuckles at your India visa paperwork you then just have to exit that embassy turn left and run down the street just a bit before you come across yet another white gate, the one you want, and proceed through successfully.


<table class="embassy-info" style="margin: 0px; border-collapse: collapse;"><tbody><tr><th style="text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 0.8em; font-family: 'Lucida Sans Unicode', 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif; padding: 2px 15px 10px 20px; color:񑘕 vertical-align: top; border-right-style: solid; border-right-width: 1px; border-right-color: #d7d0d0; text-align: right;">ADDRESS</th><td style="padding: 0px 0px 10px 15px;">58-60, Tran Hung Dao
Hà Nội (Hanoi)
Vietnam</td></tr></tbody></table><table class="embassy-info" style="margin: 0px; border-collapse: collapse;"><tbody><tr><th style="text-transform: uppercase; font-size: 0.8em; font-family: 'Lucida Sans Unicode', 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif; padding: 2px 15px 10px 20px; color:񑘕 vertical-align: top; border-right-style: solid; border-right-width: 1px; border-right-color: #d7d0d0; text-align: right;">PHONE</th><td style="padding: 0px 0px 10px 15px;">LOCAL: (04) 3824.4989
INTERNATIONAL: +84.4.3824.4989</td></tr></tbody></table>



WEB SITEhttp://www.indembassy.com.vn/

Advertisement



29th March 2013

India visa in hanoi
You need two passport sized photos, when I got there they only took one. Make sure your not wearing your glasses in the photo, apparently they aren't a fan of that.
5th May 2014

Indian visa in Hanoi
We just got our Indian visa in Hanoi, in 4 days. We were given a 4 month visa, even though we asked for 3 month visa. It is a single entry visa. We filled out the forms online, and printed them off and brought them with us. We also had 2 hostel world bookings but they didn't even look at those and handed them back to us. They also gave us back our photocopies of our Vietnam visa, our passports and our entry stamps. All he kept was the forms, our passports and passport photos. The visa cost 63 USD each. I think since they announced back in February that from September, you can get visa on arrival, they have made the process alot easier and stress free when applying at embassies. We wern't asked any questions in the embassy, just sat down for 5 minutes and told to come back today to pick them up. So what they wanted was Our Irish passports Passport photos Printed off forms. They didn't even look at and handed back the following to us Photocopies of our passports, Vietnamese visa, entry stamp Hostel world bookings. A very easy process overall.
6th November 2014

Information about Vietnam tourist visa for Indians
I want like to share some information which will be useful to Vietnam visa for Indians Passport holders who are planning to visit Vietnam as tourist. Some information as follows: - Indian Passport holders no longer can get on arrival visa at Vietnam airport's. - Indian Passport holders get maximum 15 days stay visa from Vietnamese embassy in India. - Indivisual has to go personally at Vietnamesy embassy in India to get visa. And you can apply for online visa through the (http://goo.gl/cy2bCe). I hope that will be helping you.

Tot: 0.301s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1222s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb