Hanoi to Halong Bay (Day 23)


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » Northeast » Quang Ninh » Halong Bay
May 16th 2011
Published: November 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Got a really good night’s sleep so no napping today. Sat near the front of the bus on our 3 and ½ hr drive to Halong Bay. It was a rainy morning but it cleared up as soon as we got on our boat. Our traditional Junk Boat is beautiful! The rooms are super nice and good bathrooms. The upper sun deck was fantastic! We had a full on 5 course seafood meal for lunch and dinner. Not long after we got on the boat, we cruised to a huge cave. It was beautiful and had the most picturesque perfect lookout spot at the end of the walk through the cave. I wanted to stay in that moment forever. After that, back on the boat and cruised onto an island. The island had a nice swimming beach and a hike up the top of the limestone cliff to a lookout of Halong Bay again. The stair climb was intense and the only real workout I have had this whole trip. Took it all in and then ran back down the stairs and right into the ocean for a swim! Sat on the beach for a bit and then back on the boat. We all lounged on the sun deck of the boat- had a beer, then a vodka drink. Everyone had pre-purchased $10 bottles of vodka for the overnight boat since there wasn’t a bar. Had another amazing seafood feast and then got ready for our pirate party! So much fun dressing up! It was a fun night of dancing and lots of funny pictures were taken. Most of us were up talking on the sun deck until who knows when…..

Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0316s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb