DAY 7 HUE


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » North Central Coast » Thua Thien - Huế
November 30th 2017
Published: November 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Cycle pathsCycle pathsCycle paths

A great way to get around
After a fairly good sleep we arrived in Hue to a pretty bleak outlook but surprisingly it cleared up into a bright day (27c but much higher humidity than to date). After a late breakfast we were set up with our new bikes which will take us the rest of the way to HCMC (happy to return my old one as it had seen better days).

Riding was restricted to a leisurely 40kms exploring the former imperial capital of Vietnam as well as getting used to our new bikes. Stops on the way included the war ruins of the Forbidden Purple City, the Imperial Citadel, temples, tombs and pagodas. The Forbidden City was hugely damaged by the French after they tried to reclaim the country after WW2 & further damaged during the Tet offensive. Some of what exists now has been refurbished.

Hue is renowned for its cuisine especially vegetarian due to a fusion of its French imperial heritage along with a strong Buddhist heritage. Ruth is looking forward to see if the reputation is warranted.

Our overnight stay was at the Cherish Hotel .


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.17s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0669s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb