I'm a millionaire!


Advertisement
Vietnam's flag
Asia » Vietnam » North Central Coast » Thua Thien - Huế » Hué
March 19th 2008
Published: March 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

In vietnam at the moment, where im officially a millionaire, ok so it might be 22 million dongs but i cant complain. pretty eventful the night out after my last blog, went to a nice beach club for a few buckets and bit of a boogie, then these cambodians start getting a bit aggressive little bit of a brawl nothing too serious then one of them cracks a bottle over my head, everyone completley shocked, not the norm in cambodia. so i get on the back of a motorbike to a pretty dodge cambodian hospital, no english, no anaesthectic, no antibiotics but plenty of stitches. made the next few days a bit annoying, still went to the killings fields in phnom penh the capital, chilling stuff makes my cuts not seem that bad at all. a lot more poverty here and highlights the huge amounts of corruption the country has, really worth a visit as its so interesting because of the history. then we headed towards saigon in vietnam! great city, a much more positve buzz about the place, went to the cu chi tunnels where the viet cong lived in the war, good fun and we got to fire an AK-47! scary how enjoyable it was. been slowly making our way north, just left a really authentic town call hoi an and its known for its tailors so it was only right be got a 3 piece tailored suit made for next to nothing, good laugh. hired motorbikes one day aswell which is probably the highlight of the trip so far, so easy out here very few cars, the freedom is unbeatable, found an amazing beach in the middle of nowhere. went out for paddy's day aswell, seemed to be the only ones in town who knew about it, but by the end of the night everyone did. no guiness though, made up for it with a couple of baby guinesses and a few buckets. great night. got my stitches out that day aswell for the second time (had them redone in saigon due to an infection from the dodgy cambodian stitches) only to get them put back in for a third time the following morning after the wound opened up again in a completley unprovoked punch up. just getting really annoying now thats all, havent let it dampen the party though, made me a bit of celebrity out here aswell plus hopefully makes good reading. heading up to the capital hanoi soon which sounds really cool. hope everyone is well.
much love will x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0232s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb